Re: fast-user-switch-applet 2.16 branch

On 1/28/07, Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org> wrote:
I took over fast-user-switch-applet a few months back. Since 2.16 tarballs
are due tomorrow, I was trying to generate one when I saw that it has no
gnome-2-16 branch yet. I believe that it will work under a 2.16 GNOME
release because there have been no changes to the API used. Should I branch

API changes may not be relevant since fast-user-switch applet is part
of the desktop release (what uses the API of fast-user-switch-applet,
by the way?).  However, any and all feature, ui, or string changes (or
additions) would need to be individually approved.  It seems unlikely
that rolling a release from head for the 2.16 branch would be a good
idea, unless there really just haven't been anything but simple
bugfixes and performance improvements.

from trunk? Should I jhbuild the current 2.16 release and verify that it
runs okay with trunk first? Sorry to be a nuisance.

A branch should be created from some point before any possible
stability breaks might have occurred (and, unfortunately, I'm not up
to speed on svn branching so I can't be of much help here).  If that
happens to be trunk, then great.  If not...we're in a pile of trouble.
Could you check and see which case we're in?

Thanks for the email and for all your work on fast-user-switch-applet
(among other areas).  Sorry that this is such a problem right now.  :(

Elijah