From: Simon Josefsson <simon josefsson org>
To: Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes <cerdiogenes yahoo com br>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:39:51 +0200
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: gnutls in the external dependencies for 2.17 and 2.19]
Hi!

If you click 'Download' on http://www.gnutls.org/ you get to:

ftp://ftp.gnutls.org/pub/gnutls/

Which is the official FTP distribution point.

The canonical HTTP distribution point is:

http://www.gnutls.org/releases/ ->
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/releases/

The links you mention are mirrors of the two respectively directories,
the alpha link is a mirror of ftp://ftp.gnutls.org (see README.Mirror
in the mirror directory on gnupg.org) and the other link appear to be
a mirror of the HTTP directory.  The latter link doesn't seem to have
the sub-directories, therefor I wouldn't rely on it.

I have tried to make this more clear on:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/download.html

Do you still think this is confusing?  Any specific ideas to improve
it?

Thanks,
Simon