[Fwd: Gnome 2.16 release notes]

Forwarding to release team mailing list.
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva

I'm not sure if you are the right person to mention this, but I just read the gnome 2.16 release notes [1] and noticed that it says:

> The new compositing features also depend on support for the GLX_texture_from_pixmap
> extension, which is only available to owners of Intel i830 to i945, and ATI Radeon
> 7000 to 9250 chips at the present time.

I'd like to note that nvidia has been working with X developers in the the specifications of that spec [2] and that we currently have beta drivers that support it. Those drivers are available to any developer that request it.

In addition to that, the extension is also available using Xgl and Xgl works fine using nvidia drivers.

So, I think that the above statement is not very accurate. Do you know who's responsible for that and who would I have to contact to correct or discuss it?

Thanks!

[1] http://www.gnome.org/start/2.16/notes/C/rnfrontpage.html
[2] http://people.freedesktop.org/~davidr/GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap.txt

--