Glib 2.10 / Pango 1.? for GNOME 2.14?

Sorry that I dropped the ball on this, and haven't followed all the
discussion.

Other than Pango optimizations and and GSlice in Glib, is there a
compelling reason to use the new Glib/Pango in GNOME 2.14?

- Was the ABI issue resolved with respect to GObject floating
references?  Changing the object hierarchy sounds like a definite break
to me.

- There is no way yet to disable GSlice, so we can't valgrind apps.

- Are there any apps using the new Glib APIs now?

  Federico