Re: GNOME and GStreamer
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas apestaart org>
- Cc: release-team <release-team gnome org>, Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org>, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>, Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>, Tim Müller <t i m zen co uk>
- Subject: Re: GNOME and GStreamer
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:33:44 -0600
On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 14:08 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> As you all know GStreamer long ago switched to a system where different
> stable branches are parallel-installable. We did this because we knew
> we were going to change API around a bit before reaching something we
> want to call 1.0, and because it would help in the future when bigger
> projects start relying on GStreamer.
The following is in the name of stability; sory if I sound harsh...
You have to commit to a stable API and ABI. We can't afford to change
all the applications all the time.
Is all the new API documented?
] [Thread Prev