Status of background capplet?

Hey guys,

What was the decision of the background capplet? I was under the
impression that the Apply/Cancel patch would be reverted and discussed
in the next release cycle. Now I see that it has, but there's a 'Finish'
button, which is nicely inconsistent with the rest of the preference
dialogs. Again, I will be forced to apply a patch locally to JDS [and
looks like Red Hat might do too], which is rather unfortunate :(

Glynn