Re: Plan to fix icons [was: Re: breakage caused by removed icons from gnome-icon-theme]

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 18:09 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On 2/6/06, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> > <quote who="Federico Mena Quintero">

> > > To clarify this:  the point above is to make it easy to find cases where
> > > we *do* have an old-style icon name and image, *and* a way to map it to
> > > a new-style name, but we *don't* have a Tango-ified image to go with the
> > > name.
> >
> > Dude, why are we supporting this *wholly inappropriate* late breakage? This
> > is not the kind of change that we should meekly accept at this stage of the
> > release process. We don't *have* to do this, and we *shouldn't* do it. This
> > is a choice between release discipline and riding a train wreck.
>
> I don't believe this is a fair representation.  Rodney made the change
> mid-January, and released it in the gnome-icon-themes-2.13.5 tarball.
> He also notified desktop-devel-list, at
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-January/msg00302.html.

But not the documentation team, as far as I remember.

For the first time in ages, we actually have talented folks
actively working on the User Guide and the rest of our stack
of documentation.  These intrepid writers have taken charge
and gotten stuff done, despite not getting the sort of lead
we should be providing new contributors.  Let's not screw
them over with a blatant disregard for the schedule.

--
Shaun