Re: libnotify, notification-daemon and gnome desktop modules

Hey,

Le lundi 30 janvier 2006 �7:44 -0700, Elijah Newren a �it :
> On 1/30/06, Christian Hammond <chipx86 chipx86 com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > It's being used by more and more programs. xchat-gnome is a good
> > example. It should be okay as a dependency (though I'm biased ;).
>
> Okay, let's bring it up on d-d-l suggesting that and see if there are
> any objections, brutally beating down any opposition where necessary.
> Oh, um, except maybe for that last part.  I don't really expect people
> to be opposed though.  Anyway, John, do you want to handle bringing it
> up there?

Well... To be honest, I don't really like the idea of bringing yet
another library in the desktop: we're trying to consolidate our
libraries with Ridley and adding another library is just another way to
defeat this goal.

If the widgets in libsexy are useful, then they should really be
proposed for inclusion in GTK+.

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�