Re: Delaying libgnomeui (or not)

On 8/23/06, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
Le mercredi 23 août 2006, à 09:26, Frederic Crozat a écrit :
> Le mardi 22 août 2006 à 12:42 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm sorry that I haven't been able to fix all the bugs in the file
> > chooser yet.  I have bugs at work that I need to fix first; my intention
> > is to dedicate half a day to work bugs and half a day to file chooser
> > stuff.
>
> These things happen, no need to apologize (and please, don't take my
> previous mail as a personal attack, I was just a little upset because we
> weren't notified at all).
>
> > Both gtk+ and libgnomeui will need changes.  Right now I'm writing the
> > test suite that will help us know how libgnomeui is broken.  I expect to
> > be done with the test suite today, and will fix the bugs tomorrow and
> > the day after --- there are already some patches in Bugzilla that may
> > help with this.
> >
> > After that I'll look at gtk+ itself.
>
> So, it means we will need also a GTK+ release, I guess ?
>
> Matthias, will you do a GTK+ release once file choosers changes are done
> on GTK+ ?
>
> Guys, do you think we should delay 2.15.92 ?

I don't think we should delay 2.15.92 too much. If the filechooser
changes take too much time, then I suggest we do an additionnal release
candidate, with only new versions of libgnomeui and gtk+ next week (and
maybe tarballs of some modules that had some deep changes).

IMHO, it's quite important to have the RC out soon to get bug reports
soon (the fact that some distributions already ship most of 2.15.92
helps mitigate the issue, but still, I'd prefer to get it out).

What do other think?

I think what Vincent says makes sense.  :-)