Re: ORBit2 release problems [Re: ORBit2 foo ...]

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 14:19 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:

> >   - Because most maintainers have been using jhbuild, and hence jhbuild
> >     HEAD, tarballs released with orbit-idl generated code are using
> >     ORBIT2_MAYBE_CONST and won't build with ORBit2-2.12.3
> >
> > 	Our options are:
> >
> >   1) Release ORBit2 from HEAD and use that for GNOME 2.12
> >
> >   2) Put ORBIT2_MAYBE_CONST on the gnome-2-10 branch and release
> >      ORBit2-2.12.4
> >
> > 	(2) is probably the best option because ORBit2-2.12 is the better
> > tested codebase.
> >
> > 	Comments anyone?
>
> I'm okay with (2). However, S�stien is saying that the ORBit-generated
> files shouldn't be in the tarballs. Isn't he right?

	Yeah, good point. We should fix that in gnome-vfs.

	However, I don't think just fixing it in gnome-vfs would leave us
confident enough that we're not not going to see further issues.

	I'll go ahead backport the ORBIT2_MAYBE_CONST patch to gnome-2-10 and
do a release from there.

	If someone else from the release-team could ack this approach, I
wouldn't feel so much like I'm breaking the rules - but we need the
release ASAP so ...

Cheers,
Mark.