Re: patch for bug 312857

> This late into the freeze I'd prefer to only approve absolutely
> critical bugs as any change could (even if unlikely) accidentally
> introduce a crasher.  Could you all answer a few questions?
> >  How heavily has the patch been tested (by how many people and how
> > much by them)?
> >  - Are there any additional factors that might make the patch safer?

Right. I understand your concern - considering the volume of requests
from our team :-).
These patches are mandatorily reviewed and tested by at least two
developers and verified by the QA team independently. In fact, I have
approved roughly just one-third of the freeze break requests that I have
received last week.

>  - How bad is the bug?  I first read it as something that makes the UI
> look a little off (i.e. really
>    annoying but not necessarily critical), but perhaps I misread it
> and its a data-corruption issue?  I
>    don't know...
Yes. This is a nasty data corruption bug reported right after the freeze
but fortunately before the release.

Thanks,
Harish