Re: patch for bug 312857
- From: Elijah Newren <newren gmail com>
- To: Harish Krishnaswamy <kharish novell com>
- Cc: evolution-patches gnome org, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>, release-team gnome org, Jain Vivek <jvivek novell com>, Susarla Parthasarathi <SParthasarathi novell com>
- Subject: Re: patch for bug 312857
- Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 10:08:54 -0600
On 9/3/05, Harish Krishnaswamy
<kharish novell com
On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 20:31 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le vendredi 02 septembre 2005 à 07:57 -0600, Jain Vivek a écrit :
> > Hi,
> > The summary for the groupwise provider is messed up since 2 threads are
> > modifying at the same time. The patch makes sure that we try and lock
> > before we modify the summary.
> > Also we make sure that the item exists in the summary before actually
> > trying to delete it.
> Has this patch been approved by the maintainer?
Yes. I have reviewed and approve this subject to 2/2 from the
This late into the freeze I'd prefer to only approve absolutely
critical bugs as any change could (even if unlikely) accidentally
introduce a crasher. Could you all answer a few questions?
- How heavily has the patch been tested (by how many people and how much by them)?
- Are there any additional factors that might make the patch safer?
- How bad is the bug? I first read it as something that makes the UI look a little off (i.e. really
annoying but not necessarily critical), but perhaps I misread it and its a data-corruption issue? I
] [Thread Prev