Re: Approval required to commit the patch for bug [312462]

Hi,

On 9/3/05, chen <pchenthill novell com> wrote:
Hi,
   This is actually a reworked patch based on the review comments from
harish and has been approved by him. This was sent again after
sufficient testing. I have also tested it.

thanks, Chenthill.

Sounds like you've had multiple people test the patch in addition to reviewing it, is that correct?  If so, here's one of two approvals.  (Note, though, that you didn't really answer my question...  I wanted to know how long has it been tested, by whom, and how heavily.  I can give you a number of similar examples of patches I "tested sufficiently" with other people reviewing them that still caused critical crashers.  Normally I wouldn't bring this up since this is a crasher fix (though I don't know how common of one) and Evolution already has an awesome review policy that really helps here (thanks guys!), but I'm just really jittery since we're so close to the big release)

- Elijah