Re: offer to help out with release notes/ Gnome

> I read on the tasks page (at
> http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/Tasks ) that you might want some
> volunteers, an I'd like to offer to help with release notes for Gnome.

Excellent. Thanks. We need help with that.

I suspect that Davyd Madeley (CCed) will take main responsibility for the
2.14 release notes, though he's not yet sure whether he has time. We do
need someone to take ownership of this task fairly soon, because it needs
attention for quite a few weeks before the release:
http://live.gnome.org/ReleaseNotes

I suggest that you look over the 2.12 release notes:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.12/notes/en/
and see if you have any ideas about improving the format. You might also
want to get familiar with the build/translation system here:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnomeweb-wml/www.gnome.org/start/2.12/

The 2.14 schedule is here:
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen

I know I asked you to send this to release-team, but I changed my mind, so
I've CCed marketing-list instead for future discussion.

> I use Gnome on a variety of platforms both at home and work, am happy
> writing release/ QA/ call centre docs (as part of my day job) and am
> keen to get more involved with Gnome. I'm a native English speaker.
>
> I helped out on the Gnome stand at Linux World Expo UK (day 2) and had
> great fun.
>
> I'm (slowly) teaching myself C# to hack on various things (first up, let
> f-spot save your flickr info!) but think this would be a good way to get
> involved with something I'm good at.
>
> I hope this is something I can help with - let us know if it is. I've
> signed up to release-team but aren't on the list yet, so you might have
> to cc me in.
>
> Regards
>
> George

Murray Cumming