Re: Upcoming platform deprecations

> However, on a more serious note, you've compared
> deprecation-without-official-replacement and
> deprecation-with-official-replacement.  And I agree with your
> explanation of why the latter is better.  But the latter isn't
> possible at this time, right?  How would you compare

> deprecation-without-official-replacement vs.
> lack-of-communicating-planned-future-changes?

They aren't mutually exclusive. deprecation is always official and simple,
but communication can be informal and freeform. I guess opinions differ
about how freeform our official API communication should be.

We do have a RoadMap that covers this, I think:
http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap
I'm surprised that it doesn't mention ProjectRidley yet, with a paragraph
such as the one being discussed.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com