Re: Release Team Membership

On 11/15/05, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 08:17 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
>
> > Woohooo! Welcome Federico! :-)
>
> Woooo!  Thanks, guys! :)
>
> I have a few questions to get started:
>
> - To what mailing lists should I subscribe?  Can I just send a
> subscription request to release-team, or do you add me to the list
> yourselves?

I think you subscribe to release-team and then whoever is in charge
(I'm not sure who it is) approves it.  Anyone else remember better
than I do?  (Also note that archives are public, so you may want to
browse through the recent archives)

> - What web/wiki pages do you have?

http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen
http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning

plus stuff linked from those various pages.

> - What's the status right now for this release?  Where's the
> calendar/schedule?

Uh...how in the world have we failed to get that information out?  We
totally suck if that's not common knowledge.  :-(  It's at
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen.

Vincent's currently working on the 2.13.2 release (thanks Vincent!).
We're going to have a kind volunteer on the release team who hasn't
yet been charge of a release (e.g. you, John, Frederic) to do the
2.12.2 and 2.13.3 releases coming up in the next month (though we'll
be around to help whichever person(s) do these releases).

Note that the early part of release cycles tend to be kind of laid
back and don't require a lot of effort.  After freezes start kicking
in (and module lists need to be finalized and release notes written)
is when being on release-team becomes more time consuming.  However,
that just means that now is a good time to help fix up lots of other
stuff (e.g. documentation for the team, improving the
convert-to-tarballs.py script we have for smoketesting, figuring out
how to improve the releases in general, etc), so if you have ideas,
fire them out.

Cheers,
Elijah