Re: Language Bindings.

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 07:16 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> [snip]

> I tend to think the Bindings guidlines
> are totally appropriate here - if the Bindings intend to be the GNOME devel
> platforms for their respective languages, they really ought to be up to date
> with the rest of the platform. I am faaaairly sure most members of the team
> would share this opinion, but they can chime in if they do or don't. I'm not
> sure if this means they *must* be excluded.

Beaurocratically speaking, the rules don't say they MUST target the
latest API, they only ask that bindings TRY to. However, that's just
because MUST is unenforceable - we couldn't throw out every binding that
forgot to wrap one function now and then.

Obviously I think the rules are what users-of-the-bindings are looking
for - a general easing of their doubts about using bindings instead of
raw GTK+. But I don't have a monopoly on knowing what people want or
what the bindings developers think it's important to achieve.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com