Re: GUADEC meeting

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 21:40 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Dave Neary">
>
> > Are you guys (the release team) planning on meeting up during GUADEC to
> > discuss stuff?
>
> Hadn't, but we have met casually at previous GUADECs.
>
> > We're talking over on the board list about the language thing, and I've
> > been saying it's not really the board's job to decide anything on this.
>
> I'm not sure it's the release team's job either, beyond "yes, Python stuff
> is okay in Desktop". The other issues are much deeper and uglier. It's not
> just a technical decision.
>
> That said, I think there will be a lot of discussion about this at GUADEC.
> :-)

By the way, my position in the board has been that I don't see any way
forward, and I think it would be destructive to push for a consensus
where one does not exists. I don't want a part of that.

Meanwhile, I don't think it's a huge problem, and these projects don't
need our blessing to align with the GNOME release process/schedule.
We've always wanted to franchise the release schedule outside of GNOME,
so maybe this is a good time.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com