Re: Evolution Exchange Connector: UI freeze clarification

Thanks for the approvals.

Just to get some clarity on UI freeze, does popping up an error message,  [ which may or may not be already popping up in the application in some other scenarios ], lead to a UI freeze break ? I was under the impression that UI freeze is to help developers streamline the UIs with some minor tweaks, and also help the documentation team to get a clear picture of the application behaviour. Please dont misunderstand me, I am asking this, only to get a better understanding of this so that we can take care of these things well in the future releases.

Thanks
-- Sarfraaz

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 07:46 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On 7/28/05, Praveen Kumar <kpraveen novell com> wrote:
> > Hello -
> >
> > I am attaching a patch that fixes the bug 311712 in the Exchange
> > Connector component of Evolution. The current version at HEAD doesn't
> > report error on failure of folder subscription. The attached patch fixes
> > it by popping up the error dialog. These error dialogs are not new to
> > the application as they (dialogs with same error messages) are used at
> > various other places. But they are new to the part of code that was
> > fixed. I am wondering if this would affect the UI freeze. Can you please
> > let me know your suggestion on committing this fix to the HEAD?
>
> Yeah, looks like it affects UI freeze, but silently failing instead of
> informing the user of the error sucks really badly.  Approval 1 of 2
> for fixing on HEAD.

Yes, this is an addition rather than a change, so it's unlikely to
affect documentation. 2 of 2.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com