Re: Gtk+ 2.8 for GNOME 2.12

On 7/17/05, Johan Dahlin <johan gnome org> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is Gtk+ 2.8 going to be included in GNOME 2.12?
>
> Eg, can we have an official statement from the release team, so
> distributions can start
> packaging and expect it to be ready in time for 2.12 (eg. freeze end of
> aug, rel early sept) ?

Ah, you want an official ambiguous statement?  ;-)

Well, I'll start it off with an unofficial one...  According to the
thread started at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2005-July/msg00063.html
all release team members that cared to speak up feel the consensus
expressed so far is to go with gtk+ 2.8 for now...though with some
slight reservation to watch carefully for any big problems.