Re: libgnome-desktop API addition request

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:28:54 +0000, Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com> wrote:
> Hey,

<snip>

>         I think its worthwhile to get this in for 2.8. We understand the

2.10?

> problem here very well and its very, very unlikely to turn out to be the
> wrong API. The patch itself is small and unlikely to cause regressions
> itself. Also, libgnome-desktop is only used by a very small number of
> apps and isn't part of the platform.

So why are approvals needed then?  I thought approvals API
additions/changes were only needed for the developer platform and
bindings.  Was I mistaken?

Two comments on the patch.  If an app doesn't call
gnome_desktop_item_set_launch_time(), then item->launch_time will be
uninitialized giving random results.  I believe it needs to be
initialized in gnome_desktop_item_new().

Also, what's up with this change in the patch? :
 /*
-* Clearing attributes
+ * Clearing attributes
  */
You dinged me in reviewing my patch that had that same spurious change.  ;-)