Re: Request to remove GnomeMeeting from the GNOME modules

Hi Damien,

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:04:23 +0100, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> I have always made my very best to maintain GnomeMeeting the best I
> could, and to update things accordingly to be in phase with the current
> GNOME technologies. I'm nearly alone to code, but GnomeMeeting was one
> of the first applications to use GTK2, to use GConf, and now to use
> Evolution-Data-Server.

Your efforts have rocked and have very much been appreciated.

> I'm not able to a stable release at each GNOME release. Danilo is
> telling that I didn't release a new tarball for GNOME 2.8, but
> GnomeMeeting had not changed since GNOME 2.6...
>
> I understand Danilo's opinion about this.

As do I, but I believe the fault lies with us.  Please take a look at
the email I just sent out:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-January/msg00309.html

> Anyway GnomeMeeting seems to be a constant source for flames and endless
> discussions, so I'm simply asking for its removal from the GNOME modules
> list.

Can you hold off on this request?  I believe it was caused by having
different expectations in different areas of the community and that
there weren't any real rules.  I believe if we work out some rules
that everyone agrees to so that everyone is working with the same set
of expectations, then we can make everyone happy and make this problem
go away.

Elijah