Re: release notes: installation
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: gnome-release-team <release-team gnome org>, marketing list <marketing-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: release notes: installation
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:43:47 +1100
<quote who="Murray Cumming">
> Given that we'll have a demo livecd for GNOME 2.10, I'd like to remove the
> build order from the installation section in the release notes. It's never
> enough information to build GNOME anyway, and it's not useful to non-techy
> We will just point people to the livecd and garnome if they are
> determined. We already recommend that people use their distro's packages.
> Any serious objections?
GARNOME and jhbuild please, strongly and clearly encouraged, and probably
worth mentioning that they can print the correct build order from their
dependency information (I don't remember what the commands are off-hand).
UbuntuDownUnder: April 25th-30th http://www.ubuntu.com/
"you misspelt 'world dominatrix'" - James Wilkinson
] [Thread Prev