Re: Request for breakage in gnome-panel

<quote who="Havoc Pennington">

> Bah, this was predictable. Because it's a trivial UI fix instead of any
> other kind of trivial fix, it becomes a huge thread and gets shot down for
> bad reasons ranging from the nitpicky to the melodramatic. Bryan, just put
> the patch in our SRPM. </grumpy>

Is this a UI fix, or is this just us being anal retentive, removing stuff
willy-nilly without actually providing a real, measurable benefit to users?
Perhaps my email was somewhat melodramatic, but the pendulum has swung way
too far, and not just on openness to innovation.

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

   "I still fervently believe that the only way to make software secure,
      reliable, and fast is to make it small. Fight Features." - Andy
                                 Tanenbaum