Re: GNOME-2.10 web presence

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 15:23 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Hey Murray,
>
> Federico and I took an action item on the board call today which was
> roughly "make sure that the release team and the gnome web team
> are coordinated for the 2.1.0 release"
>
> So, I was just wondering what your take was on how we are on that...
> are plans underway to create the content for start/2.10/?

This runs pretty smoothly now, as far as having what we had for the last
few releases. Davyd Madeley and Colin Charles will help even more this
time. Time is moving on though, so I'll get us started in earnest on the
release notes this week.

We also got better with the press release for 2.8, because we wrote it
ourselves instead of waiting for Leslie, whose time is limited. We do
need to get the quotes approved earlier though.

> Have people thought about a splash image for the front page?

Not sure about that. And somebody mentioned that we should arrange
interviews with star hackers in due time. I'll ping the marketing team.

> Is there any help needed?

I don't think so, unless we think of extra stuff.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com