Re: glib and pango 2.10 in GNOME 2.14?

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 15:55 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:

The implementation of the major new api in GLib, the slice allocator,
just landed in cvs. So I don't expect big problems with freezing the GLib API before the year ends.

I'd like to have at least a "relocation" API in place.  This is so that
applications can be installed anywhere in the file system, or moved
anywhere once installed --- and they should keep working.  It's one of
the steps we need to make Gnome friendly to ISVs.

Perhaps you're looking for http://autopackage.org/docs/binreloc/ ?
There's a version of it with a glib-style API. It's used by, for example, Gimp CVS.

I'm told that KDE has a pretty nice API for this.

KDE has KGlobal::dirs(). It's based on some code from us. :)