Re: GTK+ or PyGobject installation

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 9:23 AM, Maziar Parsijani via
python-hackers-list <python-hackers-list gnome org> wrote:
Hi,
I use debian 9.3 and PyCharm IDE .The python3-gi labraries and pygobject is
installed with synaptic now when I am going to import like this :

import gi
gi.require_version("Gtk", "3.0")
from gi.repository import Gtk

in the third line there is no Gtk in it I just have
absolute_import and DynamicImporter.

I use python3.x what should I do now.

python3-gi-cairo ,python3-gi-dbg ,python3-gi are installed too.

https://pygobject.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html#ubuntu-getting-started

My guess would be that you need to install gir1.2-gtk-3.0