Re: pygobject and buffers

On 4 September 2014 21:31, Simon Feltman <s feltman gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 1:49 AM,  <jcupitt gmail com> wrote:
Does pygobject support buffers? How have other people done this? I
couldn't find any reference to "Buffer" in the C sources in a quick
search. I'm probably being dumb.

There are some preliminary sketches here [1] but at the moment a
custom C extension is as Matthias mentioned. The C extension functions
can be patched into your GI API along with a Python override to
provide a unified API. We actually do this in the core bindings in

That's interesting, thank you Simon. I was hoping to be able to
distribute a pure Python binding, but I'll have a look at a C
override.

John