Re: pygobject and buffers

On 09/04/14 11:10, jcupitt gmail com wrote:
You can imagine it being useful in the other direction too: you could
get maybe get binary image data out of NumPy and into cairo with fewer
copies.

That's actually how we do it in another project [1]. I create an empty
NumPy array and pass the underlying C array to GObject method that fills
it. This in fact does not require a memcpy but turns the data transfer
semantic upside down. Oh, and it assumes that the NumPy internals stay like that

Regards,
Matthias

[1] https://github.com/ufo-kit/concert/blob/master/concert/devices/cameras/uca.py#L182-L186

--