Re: [gnome-db] PyGObject for web Development

Yes. In GDA, I've developed a library to easy access to Database objects a la Django. Is developed in Vala and provides GObject Introspection bindings.

From Python I can access to GDA and GdaData (my library) using "from gi.repositoy import GDA, GdaData", and use to access database objects.

But I've tried apache mod_python, and after configure a site with that, I just found that a query data, can't be returned to  be displayed in a routing that is called to handle a request. I call a function when a requests with a path in the URL, it calls a function using my library from GObject Introspection, but when returns the data to the caller it simple don't shows any value.

It’s a bit unclear to me, what exactly you want to achieve.

What I understand (correct me if I’m wrong) is that you wrote a library in Vala, which uses GDA, and you want to use your library from a web app written in Python.

If I’m right, then all you have to do is to create some GObject Introspection files for your library, so in Python you can simply use the form »from gi.repository import YourLibrary«. How to do this is beyond my knowledge, as I’m pretty beginner with Vala itself; you may want to go directly to the Vala mailing list, or their IRC channel.