Re: Building gobject-introspection with CPython 3.2?

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 24, 2014, at 04:09 PM, Dan Stromberg wrote:

> I have a single gi.Gtk GUI that runs, unchanged, on CPython 2.7 and
> CPython 3.3.

The g-i tools presently require Python 2 at *build time*, but pygobject
at runtime can work in either 2 or 3.

Well that explains a lot.

Is there perhaps a FAQ somewhere detailing how to build G-I for use with CPython3 using CPython2 to get there?

Right now, I'm compiling CPython 3.3 into /usr/local/cpython-3.3/bin/python3, along with GTK+ and a bunch of other stuff.  Is there some environment variable or something I can (temporarily) point at CPython 2.7 while doing this, without actually ending up with a CPython 2.7 living in /usr/local/cpython-3.3?

Thanks!