pycairo vs py2cairo vs py3cairo

Hi folks.

I'm attempting to compile PyGObject, which appears to require pycairo
or py2cairo or py3cairo.

The thing is, it looks like PyGObject wants py3cairo, even though I'm
(currently) building for Python 2.7.

Also, it kinda looks like py3cairo is a no-longer-used name (by the
python cairo wrapper project), and that it's become pycairo.  And what
used to be pycairo has been renamed py2cairo (I'm kinda guessing
here).

What do I need to do to get PyGOjbect to build?

I'm currently using:
./python2.7/Python-2.7.6.tar.xz
./pygi/pycairo/pycairo-1.10.0.tar.bz2
./pygi/pixman/pixman-0.32.4.tar.gz
./pygi/pkg-config/pkg-config-0.28.tar.gz
 ./pygi/fontconfig/fontconfig-2.11.1.tar.bz2
./pygi/glib/glib-2.41.0.tar.xz
./pygi/cairo/cairo-1.12.16.tar.xz
./pygi/freetype2/freetype-2.5.3.tar.bz2
./pygi/pygobject-3.10.2.tar.xz
./pygi/py2cairo/py2cairo-1.10.0.tar.bz2
 ./pygi/gobject-introspection/gobject-introspection-1.40.0.tar.xz

The specific error I'm getting is:
 CC _gi_cairo_la-pygi-foreign-cairo.lo
pygi-foreign-cairo.c:31:30: fatal error: pycairo/py3cairo.h: No such
file or directory
 compilation terminated.