Re: Debian, Python, gi.repository, bug 633927, signal_stop_emission_by_name segfaults

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 02:53:14PM -0700, Simon Feltman wrote:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 8:01 AM, Marcin Szewczyk <pygobject wodny org> wrote:
1) use some kind of a workaround (suggestions appreciated),

You should be able to hack a workaround with ctypes. The tricky part
is getting the GObject pointer from the PyGObject wrapper. There is
some info on doing this here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18517973/creating-an-object-from-a-ctype-c-void-pointer/18522826#18522826

This should be fine as a quick hack, not sure I would ship code using
it though :) You could also conditionalize the hack so it is only used
on versions of PyGI where this isn't fixed.

Thank you for that hint. I suppose for now this kind of a solution is
beyond my skills. I have to learn more Python and Gtk internals first.

--
Marcin Szewczyk                       http://wodny.org
mailto:Marcin Szewczyk wodny borg  <- remove b / usuĊ„ b