Re: optional dependencies

I think the optional cairo dependency is to support marshaling foreign cairo objects to Python callbacks for custom GTK+ and Clutter drawing (I'm not sure why pycairo would be a full dependency though).

It seems libffi should be a required dependency, at least typedefs from its headers are used in PyGObject without any availability checking as far as I can tell (callbacks and vfuncs require this).

-Simon