TypeError: Expected GObject.Object, but got GObjectMeta ?

Hi folks,

I was using pyGObject extensively for quite some time and it's really
fun to work with. Recently I was moving my stuff to a new installation
running python-gobject 2.28.6 and gobject-introspection 1.31.1. Suddenly
I'm getting a lot of issues with:

TypeError: Expected GObject.Object, but got GObjectMeta

in statements like:

animator.set_key(actor, "rotation-angle-y",
Clutter.AnimationMode.LINEAR, 0.0, 0.0)

any idea where this may come from? Never had any issues with that before
with gobject-introspection (0.10.3)

thanks,

--
tomw <tomw ubilix com>