Re: pygobject for python3 for windows

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,
>

> Have anybody managed to get pygobject for python3 for windows? There
> are binaries for py 2.6 and 2.7 but not for 3.x. Does it work? And can
> anybody share binaries for python 3.2 ?
>

> Thanks in advance
> --
>
> Paul

Works is a word that is relative right now.  The latest PyGObject will run under 3.x under Linux but the code generator will not generate 3.x code so PyGTK and other modules will not work under Linux or Windows.  In Linux we have moved to using GObject-Introspection for accessing functionality that used to be provided by PyGTK.  I'm not sure if GI is ported to windows or if anyone has tried to get it to run.

So while PyGObject should theoretically compile and run under Python 3.x for Windows, it is pretty useless without GI. It would be nice if a windows hacker can play with GObject-Introspection to see if they can get it running.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Software Engineer