Defining custom GEnum subclasses

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to define a new GEnum type.

GObject.type_register() only registers subtypes of GObject
and whatever else I tried resulted in some error about a missing
'__enum_values__' attribute (which I don't know how to define).

Of course this is expected, as I suppose that the underlying
GObject system must be notified for the value list somehow.

I need the custom GEnum, to use it for defining custom properties.

The reason why I DO NEED a custom GEnum instead of an integer
for defining my properties, is that I want to expose and use
my custom widgets from the Glade designer, and I want to
be able to select the property by its values (with a combo box),
instead of just specifying an integer

Thanks in advance,
Costas