Re: Using Cairo from introspected GTK3

Em 02-12-2011 07:51, Tomeu Vizoso escreveu:
Actually, Cairo isn't a GObject library so it's not accessible using
introspection. What we have is a typelib that allows Cairo classes to
be mentioned in other typelibs, marked as "foreign" to denote that the
actual bindings are somewhere else:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gobject-introspection/tree/gir/cairo-1.0.gir.in

In this case, I think PyGObject just lacks the glue code that allows
it to pass the statically-wrapped cairo.Pattern to introspected
methods, it should be done in a similar way to what we do now with
Context and Surface:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/pygobject/tree/gi/pygi-foreign-cairo.c#n127

Should be pretty easy to write a patch that adds this support. If this
is your first time, this link may help:

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove/SubmittingPatches

That does not seem difficult, I'll take a look. Thanks!

Seems like registering Pattern and Region would cover Gtk use cases.

One question, though: is it enough to register base classes like
cairo.Pattern or should I register the entire hierarchy?
(SolidPattern, SurfacePattern, Gradient...)

Regards,

Tomeu