Tests not working with current JHBuild and PyGObject master

JHBuild defaults to pygobject-2-28.

But I want to work on the invoke rewrite in master. When I checkout
master it compiles fine, but tests fail or segfault (cairo, and gdbus,
gvariant ones) mostly.

Right now this is what is blocking me right now:
test_cairo_surface (test_everything.TestEverything) ... make[2]: ***
[check-local] Segmentation fault
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/laszlo/Dev/gnome-jh/pygobject/tests'
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/laszlo/Dev/gnome-jh/pygobject/tests'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

Anyone else run into this?