Re: What is the significance of pygtk.require('2.0')?

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:23 AM, John Palmieri <johnp redhat com> wrote:
> If your app is running under PyGI and gtk2 without crashing most likely it will run fine with Gtk 3.

Ok. For the most part it isn't crashing, but there are specific things
I've found that will crash reliably, most of which are in
libchamplain, but there is one particular crash in Gdk that's been
bothering me.

Gdk.keyval_name(keyval)

segfaults _every_time_. What should I do?

>  There are a couple of removed API's but most of them don't work in GI anyway.  Also some of the low level Gdk stuff has been removed.  In particular the drawing functions which are now exclusively cairo.  As for Python 3, like I said we are trying to keep Python 2 compat but we don't guarantee that for future releases.  There are a couple of syntax changes that you have to be aware of - http://wiki.python.org/moin/PortingPythonToPy3k

Thanks again John, you've consistently been the most informative and helpful.

--
http://exolucere.ca