Re: Python GObject Introspectation Syntax

On 10/06/2010 09:27 AM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 09:21, Steve Frécinaux<code istique net>  wrote:
The more complicated thing will be to efficiently find "Gtk-1.0.typelib" out
of "gtk".

Should we expect that one day there will be enough typelibs to make
that really a challenge?

Well, I count 352 .so's in my /usr/lib. If g-i really takes off and gets used for python extensions as it is soo easy to do, I'd guess it would not be unfair to ask for efficiency with around 300 typelibs. It's probably still few enough so we can pack all of this in a sorted list of ('gtk', 'Gtk-1.0.typelib')-style values and live with it.

So if nobody comes with a good argument against, I guess we need a patch ;)

While we are at it, a very nice thing would be to allow old-style constants
to be handled as well, but I think it's going to be even more complicated

Which issues do you anticipate?

I don't know, you told me it wasn't doable ;-) I would have expected we could just cycle around all the enum and flag types and define the old-style constants from there (but it's more work at import time and breaks laziness)