Re: ERROR:root:Requiring namespace 'Gtk' version '2.0', but '3.0' is already loaded

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Robert Park <rbpark exolucere ca> wrote:
> I walked through the imports in an interactive shell and found it was
> a problem just with Champlain... hmmm...

Did some more testing, and I've found that if I change the imports
from this order:

from gi.repository import Gtk, GObject, Gdk, GdkPixbuf, GConf
from gi.repository import Clutter, Champlain, GtkChamplain

to this order (note GtkChamplain before Champlain, and those before Gtk):

from gi.repository import Clutter, GtkChamplain, Champlain
from gi.repository import Gtk, GObject, Gdk, GdkPixbuf, GConf

it allows my program to launch, and you can navigate the map for a few
seconds, but it results in a segfault in under 30 seconds, every time.
Basically, the map loads, and you can zoom in, and navigate a little
bit, and then it segfaults.

I'm assuming the segfault is due to mixing gtk2 / gtk3 code in bad
ways. At this point I tried adding the "pygtk.require('2.0')" line
again, hoping it would make gtk3 go away, but it didn't help. Same old
problem.

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

--