Re: On having gtk-doc documentation enabled in a bindings release

Hi Adam,

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 14:10, Adam Plumb <adamplumb gmail com> wrote:
> hi all, I hope this is a correct place for this question.  I'm the
> maintainer for the nautilus-python bindings and have recently made a
> release that is gtk-doc enabled.  Meaning, when you add
> --enable-gtk-doc to configure/autogen.sh, it generates html
> documentation and installs it to the standard gtk-doc folder on your
> computer.
>
> I'd like to have gtk-doc enabled whenever I do an official release,
> but I can't seem to get it to work.  If I do:
>
> $ sh autogen.sh --enable-gtk-doc && make && make install && make distcheck
>
> then that generates the docs but doesn't install the html files into
> the tarball.

haven't tried that myself, If I had to debug it I would go to
docs/Makefile and see if there's anything different about installing
when compared to the one at pygtk.

That I know, the maintainers of pygobject/pygtk are not in this list.
haven't had luck in the past with such questions.

Cheers,

Tomeu