Re: Planner-list Calendar

Daniel and list;

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 4:56 AM, <listsandstuff freenet de> wrote:
Hi,

ist there an easier way to edit calendars, i.e. to mark a sequence of days as non-working-days. It's annoying to insert individual holidays for a number of resources when you have to do 3 clicks for every single day.

Depending how you might define "easy"... but by my definition, for sure!

You can edit the .planner file, which is just XML, with your favourite text editor and make the changes by hand in a much more straightforward version.

Here is my suggestion.

First make a test .planner file with a couple of activities linked to a custom calendar.  In that custom calendar, define a couple of holidays (maybe Christmas and New Year's day, doesn't really matter).

Save the file, quit from planner, then use your text editor to look at the file.  Near the front of the file, you will see XML types  <day-types> and also your custom calendar definition <calendar id="2" name="...">

Within that custom calendar definition you will see the holidays you defined, looking something like <day date="20150101" type="day-type" id="1"/>

All you have to do at that point is copy/paste a bunch of new <day ... /> definitions with your chosen holiday dates and save the file.  Check it by opening your plan.

Also, I have created a .planner file that is nothing but calendar and resources; I use that to create new projects.  So you should only need to do that work once for all of your projects within a given organizational structure.

I hope this is clear; ask for more details if not.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.