Planner-list need help entering project start date earlier than current date

Hello,

I'm using Planner 0.14.4 on REL 6.  I need to import an existing project schedule from Microsoft Project to Planner.  The MS project has been exported as an XML file. I can import the file, but the project start date is 11-28-11.  When I import the file, the project displays a start date of the current date.

So I tried creating a new schedule (attached).  The task start date is 11-28-11 but the displayed start date is Apr 9, which is today's date.

Is there a way to get Planner to recognize and display a project start date earlier than the current date?  If not, how can you import an existing project that is already underway?

Thanks,

Ann Marie

--
Ann Marie Rubin, PMP