Re: Planner-list taking into account resources for task scheduling

Hello sting,

I tested Planner a month ago ; same feeling of lake, and same question to planner-list.

you could find more information on
http://markmail.org/browse/org.gnome.planner-list
as an abstract : take attention to http://live.gnome.org/Planner...

  • § Bounties, about "ressource allocation", dated june 2008
  • § Current development, about "ressource leveling", related to a post dated... january 2004 !
to my mind, it has been the main issue for years, but it seems the project became 'asleep' some years ago.

what you can do :
if you are able (or have time) to build Planner yourself from sources, do it with
--enable-simple-priority-scheduling option (old experimental feature)
in such a case, you could add
--with-database build option for database support (needs libgda), as an hope to be able to share calendars and... ressources between projects

my opinion : it's a pity ; Planner could be a compact and usable project management tool...
Nota : no budget management nor project versionning...

regards,
Ricardo FERNANDEZ