Re: Planner-list Building Planner on Windows

Hi Maurice,

On Tue, 20 May 2008 23:16:43 +0200
Maurice van der Pot <griffon26 kfk4ever com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 08:20:14AM -0700, usselmann m icg-online de
> wrote:
> > [...]
>
> > But when I start planner.exe it immediatly ends without any
> > message. :-(
>
> That's weird. When I run it from MSYS from $HOME/planner/ it works
> without issues. I've never seen it just fail silently. For me it
> either worked or it failed with some error dialog.
>
> It's very nice to hear you're using the instructions and thanks for
> providing corrections.
>
> I'd like to help figure out what's happening, but there's not much
> information to go on.

Cool, I startet from scratch with your updated instructions
(http://live.gnome.org/Planner/Windows) and its working fine now! :-)
Everything worked flawlessly and after having added C:\msys\1.0\dev\bin
to the path I can even run planner without msys.

To make the appearance fit better to Windows I changed the theme by
adding a gtkrc file to C:\msys\1.0\dev\etc\gtk-2.0 with 'gtk-theme-name
= "MS-Windows"'.

Thanks a lot,
Manfred

P.S.: Planner 0.14.3 built successfully under Ubuntu 8.04 as well
(after building libxslt 1.1.24).