[Planner] how to print to large paper?

I can't figure out how to tell planner to print my mamoth gantt chart to
a large 1 page pdf.  Planner (or Gnome, I don't really know) insists on
splitting the document into four pages horizontally, and three pages
vertically.  If I manually double the width and height of the paper, the
image just stretches to take up as many pages as before, but on a much
larger surface...  That doesn't seem right.

I want to give a large pdf to someone who has the ability to print the
file to a large spool of paper...

Any clues?

-Seb