Re: [Planner] How is the end date generated or calculated

Swaroop Shere wrote:
Hello,

Hi,

I am a newbie trying to use the planner software for the first time. My problem is how to generate the end date of any task? I read the documentation and it said that the software generates end date from the effort and resources, but it did not work. And I cannot even change the end date manually, as the start date. I am using planner version 0.12.1.

What do you mean it doesn't work? The way it works is that the end date is the start date + the duration. The duration is calculated from the work effort and the assigned resources with their work calendars in consideration.

You can also make tasks have a fixed duration instead where the work is calculated from the duration.

/Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/