[Planner] Re: Over Allocation of Resources

Sam Liddicott wrote:
A functional stop-gap would be the ability to drag tasks in resource usage, to give them a different start time. I think this would be a good way for the project manager to evaluate the importance of conflicting resource allocations.

What I mean is, unless an organisation is using planner so completely that EVERY useful task and resource is input into planner with the correct priorities and dependancies, unless that is the case, a completely exhaustive best-fit is not likely to be a true-to-life best fit anyway, and as real-life priorities change, resource leveling only needs to be near 100% in the short term.

So all we need is some sort of automatic stacking and ordering.
Lets treat the resource usage window like a logical list box and allow dragging about to move the start times of tasks, with cascaded moving of later start times where constraints dont prohibit it. Where contraints do prohibit it, a drag will result in a conflict shown in red as current.

What I find really hard to bear is that I can't find any way to see my resource commitment other than that a guy "has a lot on" but no easy way to see what date this would extend to even if he worked continously.

However I do find the software very pleasing to the eye and very intuitive and easy to use.

Thankyou.

SAm